Sunday, February 7, 2010

Riding With Witches

You may recall that I was working on When Witches Go Riding by PS, and I've done some here and there between exchanges and my monthly HalloSAL. Today, I decided to take a progress pic, and I was shocked by how much I'd actually gotten done since last time just by doggedly sewing in black, black, and more black.

Before:





And Now:




This one does the best job of showing the colours on this grey day.



But this one is clearer, and un-cropped. You can see where a I had to take out some black border at the corner due to a knot-loop. Sigh. If you're looking for the "ruffle" at the bottom of the frame as charted, never fear. I am quite in love with it, yet contemplating inserting some sort of signature-date-etc at the bottom in a box before that fancy trim. I actually have--somewhere--about a million thumbnails sketched for personal logos that would be, in my recollection at least, very suitable for adaptation to the medium of needle and thread. Now all I have to do is stop stitching (or rather starting) new projects long enough to find it and knuckle down to the conversion!! This is what's preventing me from showing a finish on about 3 projects, Beneath the Sunlit Sky included!

Have a great one everybody--stay warm for this last push of winter.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is looking wonderful so far! You'll be well ahead for Hallowe'en this year ;)

Ranae said...

This is looking great.
I can't wait to see the 3 finishes.

corinna said...

keep up the good work

Unknown said...

Berit, what a great piece and I look forward to seeing your finishes.

Love those scissors, I received a pair in the mail recently.

Enjoy your evening.

Deb said...

Berit - That is such a great piece and you're making such wonderful! Love those scissors - I think I have a pair!! :) They were hard to resist, weren't they?

Myra said...

Looking fabulous! In that first pic at first glance the pumpkins in the tree look like charms. I just love the way the stitches "stand up" from the fabric.

Patricia Lessell said...

Boy oh boy are you ever ahead of Halloween this year. I love this an it is just too fabulous for words.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Melissa said...

This is so cute! Looking forward to seeing your 3 finishes as well!

Brenda said...

Oh! I love your halloween stitching, it looks great!!

Sadie said...

Fantastic progress Berit :-)

Carol said...

Oh, that is so cute! I just purchased this chart and seeing your WIP is making me want to start it even sooner than I had planned...

Amy said...

Very cute. Can't wait to see the finish.

Have a great afternoon.

Danielle said...

I love PS designs. I've not gotten any in a while and should check these out! Don't you love looking back at previous photos and seeing how far you've stitched--it always helps me stay focused and want to stitch more. It looks great so far! (Danielle--The Peacock's Feather)

Lennu said...

It's beautiful, great progress! I like this design a lot too and maybe one day I'll actually buy and stitch it :) Oh and I love the new CHS design and I've been waiting for new photos daily in Kathy Barrick's blog :)

Annemarie said...

I can't wait to see what signature you come up with! Lovely progress, and the pumpkin plot... well, that was a stroke of genius, stitching it vertically rather than horizontally. It looks fab!

mainely stitching said...

Why don't I start my Halloween stitching this time of year? I might actually stand a chance ...

Your PS piece looks fabulous!

JOLENE said...

I spy a witch...oh....could it be...me? I love this design! Looks great Berit!!

Siobhán said...

Wow, you go girl!! It looks like you've made wonderful progress, Berit!

Lucy said...

I love that!!

Brigitte said...

I love this one very much and really, you made some considerable progress on it - the witch has arrived, lol.