Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn Comes Again~

I am still acclimating myself to the concept that Summer is Over.

Stitching PS Christmas Ornaments. Some of them are even for Autumn. :)





First



Second:

Shops (4 in5 of my experience) need to do a competent job labeling their linen counts. Though these two are the same linen, they are not the same size. I filled the background 1/2 for ease and looks. I even like the sparse primness of the stitchy black sky. :)




Motifs fr. Prairie Schooler Bk. 132 Autumn Leaves

Fabric: Vintage Antique Ivory

Fibers: DMC per chart




More fr. Prairie Schooler Bk. 150 December





I love this Little Dog. It is my second favorite resident of this book (after The Fireplace).





This Tannenbaum seems so Norwegian/european to me. Warm Black, yumm! I altered the border on this a bit. I also changed the tree's color to a cotton overdye (WDW kudzu, if memory serves.)





Above as they stand now, with borders. I am planning to put "Merry Christmas" in the blank one using either French or German; can't decide. "Happy Holidays" seems like an over-PC Americanism that sticks out like a sore thumb in context of these designs. Fits neatly, however. :D These are worked on a neutral Wichelt (either 28 or 32). I did not always, but I do Love their stiff linen best!





The wonderful Kathy A. held a gift-cert giveaway in the spring which I won, and at length I settled on some stash! Yup, I got Prairie Schooler goods--Fox-Based ones I had been putting off forever! I want to collect all the PS Stitchy Foxes! :D The LK's were a bonus gift included by the shop.





Fox and Pheasant! <3

I still need to buy the DMC to rim Reynard's eye.


Previously, on Kindred Spirits:







I am even further along after getting inspired seeing another stitcher's Prim Needle project. I swear, this is a lingerer. I really want it done and framed; but I don't think this is happening this year. Putting a bit of a crimp in my mojo for it.

Next time I will show where I really am, as well as my new treasure (PS Santa's Night Ornament).

Thanks to everyone, as always. Should you have any spare finishing mojo, please send it my way. No frogs Necessary, however. We already need to frog out the final snowflake of aforementioned Santa. :D

23 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, what beautiful pieces you've been stitching! I love them all! But then of course, I've always loved PS. Kindred Spirits looks great too! I so agree on the fall thing. It sooo doesn't feel like fall right now!

KarenV said...

You've been busy Berit! Love all your little PS finishes, particularly the autumn ones (love those rich, warm colours). Kindred Spirits is looking good too, despite taking longer than you would like. Perhaps it's the (mainly) one colour? I know I find those types of pieces slower to stitch.

Deborah said...

You have been very busy! love all the ornies. The fall colors are beautiful.

Tricia T said...

Oh, fun! I *love* all the fall PS projects! The fox and pheasant are my absolute favorites. I need to find that chart!!!

Catherine said...

Your pieces are wonderful!! I don't think I could pick a favorite if I had to!

I stitched Kindred Spirits last year and I remember feeling like you do - does that make us kindred spirits??

Oh, and I so agree with you on Happy Holidays - way to PC and generic for me!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your needle has been flying! I most often stitch off season so nothing going on for Fall or Christmas in my stitching.

Christina said...

'Happy Holidays' is something that I say to people if they're going on holiday (vacation) so it does seem a bit odd to me too.
Love your PS ornies, they're just so...well, Christmassy!
As for finishing mojo, you've got no chance of me sending any your way I'm afraid! My finishing basket is overflowing and there's no sign of me doing anything to remedy it! ;0)

Becky K in OK said...

Berit, wonderful stitching photos. You have been busy. I, too, love the PS designs. Your's are beautiful.

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful stitches Berit. Glad you were able to find something you liked to spend your giveaway gift on. Great buys!

Giovanna said...

What a great show, it's all so lovely! All those PS designs, it makes me want to browse through mine, lol.

Chris said...

I love all of your Prairie Schooler stitching. Everything looks great!

Mindi said...

Such beautiful ornaments you've been working on!

barbara said...

Oh what LOVELY stitching!!!!

Laura said...

Wow! This post really gets my PS juices flowing!!! Just gorgeous!!! Everything! Thanks for sharing and making me so happy looking at your work!

Marjorie said...

Looks fantastic! I've got to get back to my Kindred Spirits...I did make some more progress but it looks like you are almost done--are you sure you can't finish this year? Fence Cat's Halloween is on my list too...

Unknown said...

Love your ornaments. I just this year got hooked on PS ornaments, and am spending a lot of time stitching them.

Myra said...

I just love all those rich colors in the PS Autumn pieces - your stitching is just gorgeous. Pretty Christmas pieces too - I really like that tree. Glad to see a post from you!

Lynn said...

You've accomplished some great finishes! I love all the PS designs and your new additions are no exception.

Carol said...

No one does autumn designs better than PS in my opinion :) Beautiful work, Berit--each and every one!!

Andrea said...

A wonderful amount of WIPs and finishes. You've been very busy.

Sally said...

Wow you have been busy and it all looks wonderful. Your PS pieces are gorgeous.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I have long loved all of these Prairie Schooler designs....now I'm feeling the need to pull my chart out and dust it off ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Littlebit said...

Oh my goodness, but you have been busy!! Your stitched pieces--and stitching--are absolutely beautiful.